Wednesday, January 25, 2012

All's well

Don't worry, I'm not going to regale you with my never-ending parenting wisdom (and lack thereof!) - God, how utterly boring I've been! 

My summer semester is almost over and now the kids are back at school (oops, there they are again - sorry folks!), I have the whole day to myself to catch up on reading, writing and posting.  I have enjoyed my Gender, History and Culture course immensly and have just handed in my first assignment.  It's been great to have my first real taste of exactly what feminism means and to look back over the history of the women in my family.  Our next assignment will be a photography portfolio in which we, hopefully, gain a better understanding of our own identity through the domestic habitus of family!

My Narrative Fiction course is equally as interesting but as usual, my main cause of angst - I think it's because I'm majoring in Literary Studies, I want to make sure I do my absolute best.  I did really well in my last assignment - I thought I'd do a lot worse seeing as it was due over the crazy Christmas period and I owe SH No. 1 a full body massage due to a bet we made re results.  It's nice to know he has confidence in me, even though I'm usually less sure of myself. 

Semester one starts at the end of Feb. and I can't wait to get back on campus.  It hasn't been too bad working externally but I really miss having contact with and bouncing ideas off other students and tutors.  And this will be my first semester ever without a literature subject.  I must say, I am looking forward to having a break from analysing a thousand and one books!  It will give me a chance to try my hand in other areas - Desktop Publishing, Media Law and Feature Writing.  No doubt these will provide me with the challenge I need to keep going - I'll be graduating at the end of NEXT YEAR!  Finally, I can say 'next year' and it feels GOOOOOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!