Thursday, November 10, 2011

Liebster Blog





 A big thank you to my mate, Sarah, over at The Secret Life of an Unknown Housewife for giving me a Liebster Blog Award and my apologies for not acknowledging this award sooner!  The Liebster Blog Award is given to blogs with fewer than 200 followers (I'm lucky to have 34!), containing good content and warranting more support.  Yep, that's me.  Although, I must also say that through my little blog, I have come into contact with some great people who I like to call friends!

The Liebster Award rules are -

1.  Acknowledge who gave you the Liebster Award by thanking them and linking back to them.

Thank you, Sarah!  I was happy to hear you say I reminded you a little of yourself, because I feel the same. XX

2.  Reveal 5 of your top picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.  N.B. These are in no particular order - they're all entertaining!

1.  Diaries of a Neurotic Non-trad - Nicki is a straight talking New Yorker, studying for her Masters in Mental Health Counselling.  She tells it like it is and I love her!

2.  Rantings of a Middle-Aged College Student - Connie is also from the US and also a mature aged student, studying full time.  A fellow Libran, I love reading about her journey through college.

3.  The Non-Traditional Student Blog - Betsyanne provides some much needed and welcome advice about studying as a mature aged student and has given me some great tips about my own journey.

4.  Studying Parent - is from UK and was my very first follower and I have been following her since she was an undergrad.  Has just completed her Masters in Victorian Studies and is applying for a PhD!  Very inspiring.

5.  The Mature? Student - I've just started following The Mature Student, also a mature-aged student with three grown sons - another inspiring blog! 

3.  Phew...where was I?  Oh, right - the rules.  No. 3. - Post the Award on your blog.

4.  Enjoy the love and support of some wonderful people on the www!!! Keep posting, keep commenting and keep being positive.


That took longer than I anticipated but it was worth it to share some great blogs.  Like I said, as well as  making some friends through these blogs, they are a great read. Although I don't get to read them as regularly as I would like, they all provide me with the inspiration to keep going with my lifelong goals as a mature-aged student!  Enjoy.







1 comment:

  1. Caz, thank you sooooo much for the award! I hardly deserve it after taking this long to acknowledge it! (I secretly enjoyed reading that you took a while too cuz it made me feel like less of an ass)! I love your summary of my blog!!! I love you!!! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!