Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's not a mid-life crisis...



...it's just that I finally feel confident enough to do whatever the hell I like! Each star represents each of my beautiful children and I may add colour later but for now, I'm quite happy with its subtlety.  What's even cooler is that my 62 year old mum got one too - a question mark on her left thumb.  I don't think the tattoo artist knew what hit him when we walked in.  He was pretty unfazed though -he had an 80 year old getting his first one not so long ago.  Nowadays, it's just like getting your ears pierced and I'm already planning my next one - I'm taking SH No. 1 with me to get initials on our ring fingers for our 20th wedding anniversary.

Now I'm off to celebrate another year of life at a chocolate high tea with 10 of my favourite women.  Carpe diem.

3 comments:

  1. ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!! They are sooooo addicting....watch out!!! I just got mine on my arm "finished" today (Ya shoulda told me you were going. We could have gone together)! Honey, I need a bajillion dollars so I can go to the Land Down Under to get my tattoo finished! He totally wouldn't have even been surprised because I am a pain in his ass and he has given up on trying to figure me out! I put "finished" in quotes because although it is finally at the point where I don't feel I need to add more to it, I know I will. It is a quarter sleeve right now. =) I love your stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats and I know you will be adding more to the collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Question - Did it hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicki, when you come down under, we'll get another one together!! Jan, it hurt a little bit but when you've had a cesarean, two natural births, a thyroidectomy and a melanoma removed - it's nothing!!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!