Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time flies


After yesterday's somewhat miserable blog (sorry people!), I was determined to post some happy news on the homefront.  Last Friday TD No. 1 had her Year 12 formal (prom to all my American friends) and doesn't she look absolutely beautiful?  Yes, of course I'm biased and for all of our many disagreements, I couldn't have been prouder.  I had to stop myself from bawling when she came home after having her hair and makeup done.  It wasn't so long ago she was a 3 pounder, spending many weeks in a humidicrib (not sure of the spelling!), now she's a beautiful, intelligent young lady- what mother wouldn't be proud?

I'm just reminded of what a big year it is for our family this year.  TD No. 2 has her semi-formal soon (more dress shopping - yeah), No. 1 Son graduates from Year 7 and I will be another year closer to my degree!  How the years soon get away from us - all the better to make the most of them I say.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo, My DD1 also has her 'prom' next month, we've done the dress shopping & I will book the hair & nails tomorrow! She too was a fragile 3lb at birth - so I can share your delight in how your daughter has grown.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan. Yes, all the pain and angst is worth it when you see them all grown up. I hope you and your DD1 enjoy her formal and the preparations. X

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!