Sunday, October 17, 2010

Recipe for disaster


Ingredients

1 x 500 word essay
2 x 1,000 word essays
1 x 2,000 word essay
1 multiple choice exam
3 children
1 dog in desperate need of a walk
2 parties (1 tupperware, 1 Hawaiian)
1 black tie dinner
1 Rufus Wainwright concert
1 weekend away
5 hours traipsing around the city looking for outfit for dinner and weekend away
A pinch of housework

Method 

Throw them all into 4 short weeks, mix them all together and voila - a disaster waiting to happen!!

Serves - 1 stressed out lady.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, we are BOTH overwhelmed! One day at a time! We can do it!!! Good luck and I am sure it will all work out somehow. Don't worry about the housework or walking the dog. Those things can wait. But DO take yourself up on the dinner and weekend away!!!!! Enjoy! Be sure to let me know how you are doing. Misery...er...um....I means success loves company!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicki. I guess I just can't say no sometimes - especially when it comes to a party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the saying... "all work and no play..." I'll bet taking some time off actually helps you. (haha). Well, you never know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what? I think it does help! It certainly makes it interesting - life is not dull lately.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!