Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Are we there yet?

Oh God, when's it all going to be over?  I am so tired - I don't want to do this anymore!!!! 

I was so proud of the fact that I managed to write a history brief on the French Revolution AND an essay on Creative Commons, both of which were due on the same day.  I managed to finish them both early in order to enjoy a lovely weekend in Melbourne.  Well, my pride has turned to exhaustion as I'm now faced with an exam on Friday AND a poetry essay on Monday.  How much can one person give?  Like Brandywine, I think I've lost my ability to write.  I've sat here all day and have come up with nothing but notes on tone, imagery, theme, voice, mood etc.  I can't seem to put all these notes into a coherent piece of writing.  And I've done absolutely no study for my exam.  Have I finally become brain-dead?  I literally feel numb.

The only thing keeping me going is knowing that the work I have done has been the best I can do.  I got 95% on part 2 of my blog assessment (which had me laughing hysterically as it was totally unexpected); 87% on my history brief and 89% in my comparative essay, which also blew me away.  I know I have it in me...somewhere.  But not today. Today, I'm done. 

I want to curl up into a ball and pull the quilt over my whole body and sleep...but I can't!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!