Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bubonic

If I wake up again in the morning thinking about the Plague, I think I'll go round the bend!  My latest history brief is to analyse a primary source (The Decameron) and explain why it's a relevant source.  I hadn't heard of either Giovanni Boccaccio or The Decameron before I started, so I guess in amongst all this stress, I'm actually learning something.  It's not due till Friday but I'm pretty much finished and I've done something I've never done before - I've emailed my tutor, asked lots of questions and sent her a draft!!  I got 7/10 on my last briefing note, which is good but it wasn't what I was hoping for.  So, in a bid to get at least an 8 on my latest one, I swallowed my pride and asked for some feedback.  It's not that I don't know what to do, it's just that I over analyse the task, end up with too many references, stray a bit from the original plan and, as was the case on the last one, I'm not concise enough!  This is something I really have to get a hold on - being concise.  I'm getting there!

I received 85% in my first communications assessment, which is great and am tyring to finish the latest play in Great Books - School for Scandal.  I have to admit it - I'm not enjoying it.  Whether it's because I've got so many other things going on, I don't know.  I enjoyed the last play - Medea (absolutely loved it), but that was Greek tragedy - one of my favourites and it was short!!!!!  Anyway, I'm not going to like everything I suppose.

I'm over halfway through the semester and have a week's break in a little over 7 days.  When I say 'break', I mean I don't have any classes - I still, however, have assignments to finish!!!  I KNOW it's going to be worth it in the end!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Caz,
    we must be following the same academic calendar because I've got lecture recess in a week and a half as well.

    I understand totally what you saying about over-analysing the task - I just about drive myself crazy with this and my references!!! well let's just say that a large forest provides all the paper for all the books that I go through for my assignment - oh maybe the next one will have EXACTLY what I need - and so the search goes on!

    Chin up - it will all be worth it in the end!!
    (well that's what I keep trying to tell myself anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, breaks are usually working breaks for adult students. Good luck with your brief! I'm sure you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember hearing about "Fall break" and "Spring break" while I was back in school. Unfortunately, I had reports scheduled. So I do understand about that. Good luck on all your work.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!