Thursday, July 29, 2010

Web log

My first two days back at uni have just reinforced how much I missed learning over the semester.  As usual, I arrived two hours early on both days and will try and get there at least 45 minutes early tomorrow.  I'm one of those people who hate to stress and find that the earlier I am, the less stressed I am!

My first 'Great Book' is Wuthering Heights.  Although I read this book when I was about 16, I was at an age when I couldn't really appreciate it and am looking forward to reading it once again with the intention to analyse the text.  The thing I'm most excited about is sharing my thoughts with the other students in the tute and listening to theirs.  I'm also excited that I'm not the oldest one in the tute!!!  I'm certainly not an agist but it is quite nice to find myself in a class with a fellow mature-age student.

I also get to design another blog for my New Communications class.  I didn't think this class was going to be of much interest to me and the only reason I'm taking it is because it's a core subject for my degree.  However, after today's lecture I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it more than I thought I would.  I might actually learn something!!!  Would you believe I only found out today that 'blog' is short for 'web log'!!!  And I didn't learn it from my lecturer - I learned it from my husband!  So I think a class on communication technologies will do me the world of good.

My last class for today was World History.  What can I say?  If you love literature, you're most certainly going to love history.

It's going to be a busy semester taking on 3 subjects but I think it's time to challenge myself a little bit further.  Well, we'll see how I feel about challenging myself in about 4 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Wuthering Heights! Did you see my recent post on the Battle of the Brontes? My reading group, at our next meeting, will compare/contrast Wuthering Heights with Jane Eyre. I love the latter, but have not read the former, so I'll be reading along with you!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!