Friday, July 30, 2010

It's a beautiful day

After planes and ferries came to a stand-still this morning due to an unusually heavy fog, it's turned into the most glorious day with the smell of Spring in the air. Can it be that Spring is on it's way already?  Not that I'm complaining - it's my absolute favourite season of the year but it's always a reminder that before long, Summer will soon be here - the season I dread.  Anyway, I'm determined to live in the now and enjoy the perfect weather ahead, although I've been fooled before into thinking that the weather's getting warmer.  I skip merrily around the house taking blankets and flannelettes off beds, only to be hit by the ferocious winds of August.

Wondering through the fog like I was on the moors of Yorkshire, (see, I'm getting right into Wuthering Heights!) I made my way to my World History tutorial which went well, although I couldn't help initially feeling like some sort of imposter.  Having never studied history before and being quite clueless to anything much before the 18th century, I wasn't really sure what to expect.  And that's precisely why I and everyone else is there - to learn!!!  Today we discussed historiography (the history of history) and the errors in historical practice.  By the end of the class I'd pretty much established that I'm not so clueless afterall.

I was clueless, however, to the subsequent phone call I received after my class, from a girlfriend I haven't seen in years.  Like most friendships our lives took us in different directions so I was actually moved to tears when I received her unexpected phone call - even more so when she told me she was in town and is coming to visit us tomorrow!!  So, true to form, I raced home where I've spent all afternoon in preparation for the impending visit from my Honey Bunny - a spring clean!

It really was the perfect ending to a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!