Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunday, Sunday


This weekend was one of those rare weekends when we had no sport to participate in.  It felt quite strange slowly waking up on Saturday and Sunday morning, not having to race around preparing breakfast, locating shorts, shirts and socks and rousing my 10 year old out of bed for a big game.  It felt so strange, we were kind of at a loss as to what to do.  So we packed the car up on Saturday morning and drove to the country - about two hours out of the city. 

It was such a glorious winter's day - not a cloud in the sky and there were no fights in the back!!  With TD No. 1 at Nanny's house, the other two sat in the back with their ipod thingys on the whole time.  It wasn't until we stopped and unpacked the picnic, they started at each other, by which time I was able to just walk away and enjoy the peace and serenity of the country.

The rest of my week was taken up with doctor's visits, blood tests, mole scans, a mammogram and dental check ups - not exactly what I had planned for my mid year break, but things that I never usually have time to do.  I did manage to catch up with a friend and we did go shopping (No. 1 on my 'Things I want to do over the holidays' list) but I didn't buy a single thing for myself.  It was all for the kids.  Anyway, I've told myself if I get the uni results I want and have worked so hard for, I will go out and buy myself a you-bute, top of the line hair straightner.  I've been trying not to think of my results but had a quick look today, heart pounding, fingers slightly shaking - but no results as of yet.

No. 2 on my list was 'read, read, read' of which I have been doing.  I'm trying to get into 'Brideshead Revisited', which I must admit is hard going at the moment but I have read losts of trashy magazines - does that count?

I still have four weeks to go for the 'walking on the beach, catching up with friends and growing a herb garden' and that just leaves...running...hmmm...  I'll have to get back to you on that one.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with those results. I hope you get what you want/need!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!