Monday, June 7, 2010

Struggling

Like Sarah (see 'Rest day' comments), my rest day on Friday carried on through the weekend until this morning.  Also like Sarah, I've started a new blog to document the latest challenge I've given myself - to re-start my running regime and run in a 5km fun run.  This is just another sign of my flagging enthusiasm for essay writing of late.  The other sign is the change of template - always a sign of boredom!

This is my latest essay that I'm attempting to work on - a personal essay on 'Essay writing and its relationship to knowledge'.  My motivational factor at the moment is zero.  I feel as if I'm halfway through it and starting to go off on another tangent.  I thought the personal essay would suit my creative style of writing, however, once the thought processes start, it is quite easy to lose direction.  I take my hat off to all those people writing a thesis!

2 comments:

  1. Keep going! It sounds like a tough topic although essay technique books usually have a section on why write an essay, which I guess is what the title essentially means. Reading one of those books might get you started. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for these links! I tried to leave a long comment on your blog the other day and my computer went all funny. I am so chuffed that you are motivated by my running blog!I can totally understand your feelings about your essay - sounds daunting.I remember having to write a dissertation on 15th Century Mosaics and my mind turned to mush before I even started! Keep going though - you will find your way. I am off to read your running blog now! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!