Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Holidays cont...

After dealing with another round of head lice and getting No. 1 Son's hair cut extra short, I spent a lovely relaxing Friday night at Mum's quiet sanctuary. We had dinner together at a bistro and saw a show (in French) and afterwards sat in our pj's and watched 'Long Way Round' with lovely Ewan and Charlie in Africa. I think I may have to escape to Mum's (or Africa) more often! I'm always amazed at how quiet and clean her apartment is but then again, she does live on her own after raising four children...I'm pretty sure she deserves it! She even tucked me in which made me feel quite special!!! Once a Mum, always a Mum.

I've finally done away with Brideshead Revisited (Evelyn Waugh), a book I've always wanted to read.  We all went to the library on Sunday and I returned with four new books - one of which I have just finished ('The Spare Room - Helen Garner).  I thought my usual need to ravage a book a week had disappeared due to the copious amounts of reading involved at uni but it seems my disinterest was because of the book I had chosen!  Evelyn will have to wait until I'm in the right mood I guess.  For now, I've moved on to an author I haven't heard of before - Sophie Hannah, 'The Wrong Mother'.  Actually, this one's a book my husband found for me about a mother/wife who goes away on a business trip and has an affair (ooh, sounds juicy!).  I usually go more for the classics, perhaps my tastes are changing in my old age.

I still haven't received any results from last semester and have resolved to put it out of mind for the rest of the week; I haven't done any running but have done a lot of walking; it turns out my thyroid levels are actually okay but my vitamin D is pitiful; and my herb garden is still waiting to be created.  I guess on holidays, as in life, some things don't always turn out the way we plan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!