Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Carpe Diem

As yet another year draws to a close, I am forced into quiet contemplation over the events of the past 12 months which have brought me thus far.  I...
-  had a major operation
-  decided I wanted to be a library technician and started college
-  found a half brother I never knew I had
-  decided I didn't want to be a library technician and applied to university
-  got accepted into university
-  started a blog
-  organised an end-of-year holiday adventure and
-  did very well at university
All done while riding the roller coaster of life as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, granddaughter, daughter-in-law and friend and all the responsibilities these roles entail.

To all you fellow mature age students, mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, granddaughters, daughtes-in-law and friends who left encouraging comments and for your equally encouraging and inspiring blogs - thank you, thank you, thank you. Knowing you are all out there reinforces my desire to continue in my pursuit of knowledge and self-development.  X

3 comments:

  1. What an incredible year you have had! I think it's great to look back on the year and know that you have tried new things and have accomplished so much.
    BTW, a few years ago I found out that I have nine siblings. It still seems so strange to use the word "sister".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you! What will you write about next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year and the best still to come - visiting London!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!