Saturday, October 3, 2009

Holiday? What holiday??

Well, it's back to school for the kids and uni for me on Monday and I can honestly say that this last week just about killed me.  Having to contend with two teenagers over various teen issues and a 10 year old boy who won't be quiet or sit still, just about did it.  I'm a woman on the edge and I'm counting on returning to uni to give me some semblance of normality in my life. 

When my daughters were babies, I used to hear the stories about teenage girls and always thought they were far fetched.  I'm now contemplating studying Youth and Society or a Psychology elective to get my head around the phenomenon of the teenage brain!!!  I'm surrounded by them at uni but when they're your own children, I guess it's a different kettle of fish.

I did intend to spend the week relaxing with as many trashy magazines as I could and I've ended up mentally and physically exhausted!  I didn't even catch up on my Social Enterprise project for which we've got a presentation in two weeks.  On the positive side, I enjoyed working with the homeless and am considering changing majors and I finished reading The Tempest (and it's worth noting that in Shakespearean, the word "teen" means trouble!!!). 

I've only got about 4 weeks to go until the end of my first university semester, then I'm on holiday for the whole summer.  Hopefully things on the home front will settle down so I really can have a holiday. In the mean time the kids are in bed, the hubby's gone out and "Lost in Austen" beckons (as does a glass of red)!

1 comment:

  1. They will get used to your working schedule eventually! A glass of red & Lost in Austen sounds just right! It sounds strange that yoou are getting ready for summer and ours is really over now - chilly evenings and shorter days already.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!